TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TëcH ZöNë > Tech Zone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Safety Tips while using The Internet*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Safety Tips while using The Internet*
    Posted: 30October2005 at 3:41am
 I have a request for all the members, today i start this very important topic and my request is to you all to participate in this topic and share as many safety tips with us as you know. It's not only important for us but also for our children, grandchildren ... nowadays they start using the net at an early age. Its a very good source to gather info and keep up to date with happenings around the world but its very important to warn them for the dangers wich can occur. I hope that all members will join this because its of real importance to all of us, feel free to share your precious tips about safety and how to use them. I want to start with keeping your identity intact. As you all know, it happens all the time, we share personel info, like name, adresses or other private issues. Nothing wrong in sharing this with people you trust but i want to tell you someting. We are a big family of friends, some are close other ones became chatfriends and some of us are just sharing views at this forum. I want to add something very important, here are also people who read our views who dont have good intentions at all, i am talking about outsiders for example, hackers....stalkers...or people who only try to gather info to harm you, dont just trust anyone. Believe me this really happens. So my friends, to keep us all safe from harm, if u share private info about yourself, please try to keep it as compact as possible. To give advice we dont need to know where you live or your real name or the name of your parents for that matter, and if that should matter, share this info with the person you trust. I can only speak for myself, when someone takes me in confidence i never share private info about them, i know how important privacy is and i am sure lot of other members wont either. But you have a choice what to tell and what to keep to yourself. Please feel free to join this topic and share with us your past experiences with the net, if any, and tips how to keep us safe. We all need this... 
jasvinderghai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasvinderghai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30October2005 at 3:51am

Dear Selina Ji,

Indeed, this is an important concern for all these days.

Here is the link to "A Parent's Guide to Internet Safety". Though, some stuff in this is US specific but most of the information is generally applicable. I feel this could be of help.

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/pguide/pguidee.htm

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30October2005 at 5:25am
 Thanks Jasvinder ji for sharing this valuable info, we can use every tip, even if it might sound absurd to us, it can help someone from being harmed or better, it can save a life
ishq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31October2005 at 1:28am
Nice topic selina sis ....... but i think one thing when u are on net ur identity .. ur info is not safe.... bcos every net user have it's unique ip ( internet protocol address ) by which he/she can know from where u belong too ...  ..... the only practial safety things is to use some good hacking proof software like .. Kaspersky internet suite . norton internet security suite ,, Zonealarm .. these software restrict hacker . stealers to access ur computers .... 
Where there is love there is life
()".'."()
( (^) )
(�) (�)
&n
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31October2005 at 1:32am

Thanx alot Selina ji for starting this important topic....I have always been very careful in sharing anything on net. I just share things and stuff with people who I know. One should be very careful in doing so.

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31October2005 at 2:08am

Dear Friend One can never be too careful with internet. Anything you write here or any place on net is open to every one to see and use for good or wrong purposes. Weather it is helpful to them or not.

Children should not be given open ended use of internet to find information for their school work research.

There are site which are called "phishing" (correct me if I am wrong)

For example a site name you are looking is "DiscussionForums" but by mistake you type wrong DiscussionFourms" Swich of one latter takes you to a totally different website, you might not even know you have misspelled the word. Hakkers do it with a purpose. Children can misspell easily. They might be viewing; you do not want your children to view.

Edited by Peacekeeper
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31October2005 at 3:22am

I agree with you on that Peacekeeper ji, thats why its important to sit with your kids while they use the net. At a certain age they get very curious about things and what they might see is not even healthy for a mature person.

Ishqji, i know they can trace us using our IP adress, but if i tell freely to everyone, my name is Selina, i live on Cloud nr 9 in Heaven, then i am very sure they will find me. With my IP they can only find the place i live, but without private info, they cant find nor stalk me. Ji i wasnt only talking about hackers, if they want to hack your pc, they are able to do this anytime they want, they have the sources and programmes for it. Even if you use the perfect software. Atleast they make attempts. 

Sharing personel info like i mentioned above, well then any stalker will find us. So we cant be careful enough, we are not little kids anymore, we know with whom to share our info, we are careful with people we dont know that well, but children have a build in mechanism to trust every grown up. We have to make them aware of the dangers, even we mature people make this mistakes. A while back i read a real life story of a little girl, ago about 10. She got to know someone online, he pretended to be a boy of 11, he learned a lot about her private life, her living place, her school, her house...just by acting like a friend of her age. She as his friend shared unaware this info. What she didnt know was that it was a grown up man, and he traced every move she made for a while, she didnt know, he stayed the dear friend online. Till one morning when she was on her way to school he molested her, they found the girl some hours later.... This is such a heartbreaking story and yes these things happen around us. If we take time to learn our children about this properly and even sit with them, such things can be avoided. Let parents be an example for them, still so few parents make time to sit with their children as they are not aware for the dangers either. I hope you understand what i tried to say ji...

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28November2006 at 2:32am

Thanks Selina ji for making us aware of this shocking truth

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
ishq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05December2006 at 1:54pm
For safer internet surfing try some free firewalls softeare , which hide ur identity and protec u from hackers and viruses

Ishq
()".'."()
( (^) )
(�) (�)
&n
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05December2006 at 4:59pm

thanks Ishq with love ji but where is the Link ji.

Gma-khoji

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

ishq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06December2006 at 1:51am

main hajey link post hi kithey kitta hai ji !! hahahahahahaahah

main tey bass idea dita c , hahahahahaha

try this

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm /freeDownload.jsp

zone alarm providing worl'ds best firewalls solutions !!

Ishq with love

()".'."()
( (^) )
(�) (�)
&n
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06December2006 at 7:55am

I already have this and its quite useful, everyone should load it to be safe, thanks alot veer...

Regards

ishq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06December2006 at 1:00pm
Always Welcome Brother !!!
()".'."()
( (^) )
(�) (�)
&n
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08December2006 at 11:05am
This sure brings this topic "Safety Tips while using The Internet" into a new direction...
ishq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08December2006 at 12:11pm

as u all know i m in cutomer support, i found this that , these days spywares and adwares infected many computers , so download spy bot and sacn ur computer for spywares and adwares  !!!!!

http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

pybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove a multitude of adware files and modules from your computer. Spybot also can clean program and Web-usage tracks from your system, which is especially useful if you share your computer. Modules chosen for removal can be sent directly to the included file shredder, ensuring complete elimination from your system. For advanced users, it allows you to fix Registry inconsistencies related to adware and to malicious program installations. The handy online-update feature ensures that Spybot always has the most current and complete listings of adware, dialers, and other uninvited system residents.

Version 1.4 has the first native multi-installation scanner, noticeably faster than the previous version during scans, and has improved the tools and updated the interface.

and it is FREE!!!!

Regards !!

Ishq

()".'."()
( (^) )
(�) (�)
&n
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01June2011 at 8:31pm
ok
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02June2011 at 2:01pm
Thnks I think its not safe to share each n every small thing about your activities n life on social networking sites...its really very risky and can lead to big troubles...so be safe...!!!
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14June2011 at 5:39am
Originally posted by **Selina** **Selina** wrote:

I agree with you on that Peacekeeper ji, thats why its important to sit with your kids while they use the net. At a certain age they get very curious about things and what they might see is not even healthy for a mature person.

Ishqji, i know they can trace us using our IP adress, but if i tell freely to everyone, my name is Selina, i live on Cloud nr 9 in Heaven, then i am very sure they will find me. With my IP they can only find the place i live, but without private info, they cant find nor stalk me. Ji i wasnt only talking about hackers, if they want to hack your pc, they are able to do this anytime they want, they have the sources and programmes for it. Even if you use the perfect software. Atleast they make attempts. 

Sharing personel info like i mentioned above, well then any stalker will find us. So we cant be careful enough, we are not little kids anymore, we know with whom to share our info,

we are careful with people we dont know that well, but children have a build in mechanism to trust every grown up. We have to make them aware of the dangers, even we mature people make this mistakes. A while back i read a real life story of a little girl, ago about 10. She got to know someone online, he pretended to be a boy of 11, he learned a lot about her private life, her living place, her school, her house...just by acting like a friend of her age. She as his friend shared unaware this info. What she didnt know was that it was a grown up man, and he traced every move she made for a while, she didnt know, he stayed the dear friend online. Till one morning when she was on her way to school he molested her, they found the girl some hours later.... This is such a heartbreaking story and yes these things happen around us. If we take time to learn our children about this properly and even sit with them, such things can be avoided. Let parents be an example for them, still so few parents make time to sit with their children as they are not aware for the dangers either. I hope you understand what i tried to say ji...

Thanks a lot selina for sharing this with us.
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18June2011 at 3:14am
Thank you for the safety tips ji Please keep on informing us all new developments.

Khoji

kumkum01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kumkum01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24June2011 at 1:30am
Hi guys...Nice topic in this post... but i think one thing when u are on net ur identity .. ur info is not safe.... bcos every net user have it's unique ip ( internet protocol address ) by which he/she can know from where u belong too... keep it up...

regards...

kumkum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic